PEMF for Back Pain, Neck Pain & Headache / Migraine
If you are experiencing arthritis, back pain, neck pain, headache/migraine, body aches, fibromyalgia, or any other form of pain, then this may be the most important article you’ve ever read. We will share with you why PEMF therapy is a natural, non-invasive solution to end pain once and for all.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy
PEMF therapy is related to magnetic therapy, but instead of a constant magnetic field, PEMF provides a field that changes with time. It really is the most effective, natural form of pain relief available. Dr. Oz featured PEMF on his show in 2011 as the biggest breakthrough in pain management he had ever seen.
There are 10,000 research studies including over 2,000 double-blind studies that demonstrate PEMF therapy works. It’s well-researched, well-established. PEMF therapy for pain relief is by far the number one reason why most people invest in a PEMF therapy device.
PEMF therapy helps with pain relief in 3 powerful ways:
1) PEMF therapy increases endorphins, serotonin, and other hormones help to relieve pain.
2) PEMF therapy reduces and temporarily interrupts the pain signal. Less signal equals less pain.
3) PEMF therapy actually heals the problem. Using the analogy of the oil light coming on in your car, PEMF therapy is like putting the oil back into your car so the light goes off. While the traditional medicine approach is like cutting the wire to the oil light so you don’t know that there’s a problem. PEMF actually heals and regenerates the tissue so the pain really goes away.
In this article, we will be giving you protocols for the three most common sources of pain – Low back pain, Neck pain, Headache and or Migraine. We will be giving you some practical advice you can use to get rid of pain once and for all.
Before we get into the protocol, let’s look into what is the best PEMF device you should be looking for. You should be looking for a whole body mat system with local applicators. You want a mat that is roughly six feet long and a couple of feet wide, to enable you to lay on it and work on your whole body. That’s really important because it opens up the circulation throughout your body, and it’s going to locally help improve oxygenation and nutrient delivery to the source of pain.
You should be looking for a PEMF device that has Earth frequencies. You do not need high intensity. In fact it can be counter-productive by taking your body out of healing. High intensity provides constant stress to the body. The safest and most effective intensities are in the range of 0 to 300 micro-tesla. It’s very safe in using that range on a daily basis. High-intensity systems are meant for a short-term basis, but we do not recommend those for daily use.
The final thing you should look for in a PEMF device is a rapid rise-and-fall waveform. NASA found that to be the most effective waveform for healing and regeneration. In this article, we recommend the iMRS system because it is in harmony with the body and what nature gives us. The iMRS system has over 20 years of research in Germany and abroad. The pain protocols come from proven research in clinical settings with over 200,000 patients and hundreds of doctors. The protocols are really based on results.
The protocols below are based on settings on the iMRS system. The range of intensities is from 0.009 micro-tesla on the sensitive level, up to 300 micro-tesla on level 400.
Protocols for Back Pain
Lower back pain affects 80% of population in the country. At any given moment about 1 in 10 people are experiencing back pain. Back pain is associated with over-exertion, heavy lifting, but it can also be the result of inactivity and poor posture.
Hundreds of doctors in Germany recommend that for lower back pain, use a full-body mat for 8 minutes, twice a day at level 25 in the morning and level 10 at night (Settings with iMRS system). Those are low-intensity settings. And you should be using a slightly lower intensity setting at night so you don’t over-stimulate the body.
Use a pillow pad for low back pain for 16 minutes, 2-3 times a day (more is OK for severe or acute pain). Use the 150-200 level. That’s a higher intensity, roughly in the 40-50 micro-tesla range. Here are some sample placements of the pillow pad for sitting down or laying down. You could be reading a book or watching TV while you are speeding up the healing.
For mid-back pain, follow the same protocols, but instead of 150-200%, use the 100% setting (approximately 20-30 micro-tesla). Use this lower intensity because you’re working in the torso area where internal organs are located. For acute or serious pain consider chiropractic care and the use of ice is recommended, along with PEMF therapy.
Protocols for Neck Pain
Neck pain comprises about 15% of pain complaints. PEMF therapy really does seem to work the best compared to other forms of energy medicine like electrical muscle stimulation, TENS units, permanent magnets, and other electrical therapy components.
For neck pain, use the full body mat for 8 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Use level 25 in the morning and level 10 at night. Use the pillow pad 2-3 times daily (more is ok for severe pain) at level 25-50% in the area of the neck muscles. This is a lower intensity because the head and the neck and thyroid are very sensitive. For acute and serious pain, consider chiropractic care and ice to help with the immediate inflammation along with the PEMF therapy.
Protocols for Headache /Migraine
Headache comprises about 15% of pain complaints. Half of the people suffer from migraine, also called chronic daily headache or chronic, non-progressive headache. Tension headache are the most common type of headaches among adults and adolescents. These muscles contraction headache cause mild to moderate pain, come and go over long periods of time. Migraine pain is moderate to severe, often described as pounding throbbing pain. Migraine can last from four hours to several days, and usually occur from one to four times a month. Migraines are associated with symptoms such as sensitivity to light, noise or odors, nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach upset or abdominal pain. The exact cause of migraine is unknown but a popular theory is that every triggers cause abnormal brain activity which in turn changes the blood vessels in the brain. That’s called the neurovascular theory. Along with PEMF therapy, chiropractic adjustment and massage, proper diet and exercise really help with migraines.
Recommendation protocols for headaches and migraines, based on the German research. They recommend using the full body mat for 8 minutes, 2-4 times a day. Level 25 in the morning and level 10 in the afternoon, and the sensitive setting at night. Use the pillow pad on the head area 1-2 times daily, at level 25-50. For migraines you can also use the probe for 24 minutes for 1-2 times daily, at level 100-150. Use the probe on the temple for acupuncture and local treatment.
Additional Action Steps You Can Take
There are some action steps you can take to help with low back pain, mid back pain, neck pain, headache or migraine.
1) Drink a lot of water to assist in pain relief. Drink at least one big glass of water before each PEMF therapy session, and at least 50% of your body weight in ounces a day.
2) Alkalize your body by eating a more alkaline diet. This is basically more fresh green foods, more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, certain nuts and seeds. For example, try some fresh lemon and water in the morning. Lemon juice in its natural state is acidic with a pH of about 2, but once metabolized it actually becomes alkaline with a pH well above 7. So, outside the body, anyone can see that lemon juice is very acidic. However, once fully digested, its effect is proven to be alkalizing with many health benefits. If you have a water ionizer, you can do some alkaline ionized water a couple of times a day.
3) Deep abdominal breathing during the PEMF session. While you are on full-body mat, do some deep belly breathing. That helps to further enhance the healing process.
4) Add a good multi-vitamin and other supplements that help with pain relief and inflammation. Supplements might include systemic enzymes, turmeric, ginger, and boswellia herbs. Omega-3 fatty acids, like fish oil or vegan DHA supplements can help. Astaxanthin is a very powerful anti-inflammatory. MSM is well-known to be anti-inflammatory and good for your joints. And the mineral magnesium in a bio-available form helps with muscle relaxation. Definitely, use some supplements to help with pain and inflammation.
5) Smile and laugh more. Believe it or not, laughter actually increases endorphins. Norman Cousins was one of the first people to bring this to public awareness. He found that laughter and smiling help with pain relief.
6) Use the correct settings on the PEMF therapy device. If you’re working with the iMRS system, you can follow the protocols above.
7) Invest in a good Earth-based PEMF system, like the iMRS. And use it every day. That’s the most important tip – just USE IT. PEMF therapy works – it’s research-proven – you just have to use it regularly!
Research online for yourself about PEMF therapy, and learn more about all of the studies that have been conducted on improving overall health by PEMF therapy.
To find out how PEMF helps with pain relief, visit :